Positional morphological tags
On this page, you will find a small application that helps you to
understand the system of positional tags.
How to use it
- After placing the mouse on the position number, a help - name of
the positions - occurs.
- After placing the mouse on the green rectangle, a menu with values for
that position occurs.
- After clicking on a value in the menu on positions 1-12, the value is
chosen and menus on other positions change.
- Menus for positions 13-16 don't change and no value can be
chosen - these menus are there for information purposes only.
- Chosen values can't be taken back; return to the beginning by
- On the right-hand side of the Reset button, you will
see the tag in the form of a regular expression (for Bonito viewer
and 'per se').
- Don't use the buttons Back and
Reload in your browser. Reload can be used
only if the vertical captions are not displayed properly.
If you want to learn more about the positional morphological tags,
check the page of IFAL, and especially the section
dealing with morphology, or the
pages of ICNC, and the section Popis morfologických
The program doesn't handle all details - it is possible to
introduce non-existent combinations of values, but our priority is
that possible combinations are not ruled out.
If you find an error (a possible combination can't be entered; the
menu on certain position becomes empty) write me to the address firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the sequence of values
that you entered.
(It works in Seamonkey, Firefox, and tolerably in Konqueror,
Opera and IE7. In other versions of IE, it can be corrupted or not
working at all, but I am not going to fix it, and hence don't notify me
about this kind of errors.)